Do you ever get the feeling it’s time for a change?
You want more time to create, but, you need the security of your job. Other people depend on you. You don’t want to rock the boat.
How can you design a life that supports YOU?
I get it. Been there, done that.
I worked my day job for years before the restlessness and discontent from working for someone else propelled me into the scary world of embracing my creative spirit more fully.
It took every ounce of courage I could muster to jump ship, and I fight my demons daily.
I ran through every single excuse in the book. Maybe you recognize them:
- What if nobody likes what I create?
- Who am I to try to make a difference?
- I have no clue what I’m doing!
- How can I abandon my security?
- What if … (insert personal panic trigger here)??
You know what’s true?
You must grow and you must find a way to contribute. These are the things that your spirit requires. Your creativity must be expressed.
When you postpone your brilliance and ignore that inner voice nagging from inside your heart, you could stagnate and get bitter. Like that old man running kids off his lawn.
Whatever your flavor, you must begin.
You don’t have to jump ship to find fulfillment. You don’t have to change your job. You don’t have to turn your world upside down.
You only need to be willing to look.
It is time to align with an ally who deeply understands the change process and what it takes to embrace creativity; someone who can help you define your direction, make a plan and help you get into action.
- You are far more powerful than you’re willing to admit and your creative urging won’t go away.
- The world is hungry for you to express your dream NOW. The need is so urgent.
- You’re not getting any younger.
A few things you may not (need to) know about me
- I’m a Cajun Queen born just outside Lafayette, LA, but moved to Texas when I was in first grade. That makes me bicultural. It’s like taking BBQ sauce and stirring it in the gumbo. I can be pretty spicy.
- I was a professional musician for 3 years singing alto in an a capella quartet. I also play the guitar and write goofy lyrics that make people lol.
- If I have to choose between a rich red wine and dark chocolate, I panic. Can’t do it. Don’t make me go there.
- At age 52 I walked 60 miles in 3 days, from Lake Lanier to Atlanta. In the rain. And loved pretty much every minute, except the blisters. Then in 2017, I walked on hot coals, and there were no blisters. Go figure.
- I learned to crochet when I was 6 years old. I was too young and uncoordinated to hold a hook, so I tied the yarn around my big toe and happily finger-crocheted long chains. Crochet feeds my spirit.
- My family is impossibly huge; I have 12 siblings. Family reunions attract hundreds. I credit my high tolerance for weirdness to growing up with every single personality type in the MBTI grid.
- I am a river woman. The sound of water on rocks fills me with deep peace.
My BBA is in Finance and I earned a M.Ed. in Organizational Performance and Change in 2012. My specialty is corporate culture and how to shift it from the inside.
During my career in state service, I served 8 years with the CO Department of Labor and Employment as a Job Search Trainer and held leadership roles in higher education at both CU Boulder and CSU Fort Collins. I was in higher ed. for 15 years.
I trained with the Coaches Training Institute, now the Co-Active Training Institute (CTI) in 1998 and became a Certified Professional Co-Active Coach (CPCC) in 2001. I’m certified through the International Coach Federation (ICF) as a Professional Certified Coach (PCC) since 2006. I trained with the Tony Robbins Coach Academy in 2017.
My heart is in my teaching. My highly interactive workshops create a warm learning environment for personal development and change. I taught classes in basic coaching skills for 4 years to women in prison, and to my fellow employees in higher ed. (Seriously, is there really a difference?)
I am a mentor coach and help other coaches secure or maintain their credentialing through the ICF at the ACC and PCC levels.
Need help? Have a question? Want to send me a random crochet pattern?Contact Me Today!